October 7, 2017
It was so wonderful to meet your extended family and friends on Friday. The kids were so excited to show off their classroom and work. We took pictures and will post them on the class Shutterfly account this week.
We have another fun filled week ahead. Our first field trip is on Friday. If you are chaperoning please be in the class no later than 8:20. The bus will leave for Oma’s at 8:30. We will send you your group and information via email before the trip. Below are some important reminders for Friday.
- Students must wear spirit wear. This is a St. Therese spirit shirt with jeans or the schools uniform shorts or skort.
- Please send your child with a lunch in a disposable bag with their name on it. We recommend some extra food and water. It will be hot in Lakeside and the kids tend to starve on field trips. 😊
- Your child can wear a hat to protect them from the sun and we advise sunscreen in the morning.
- There is no need for any money to be sent with your child. They return with a pumpkin to bring home with them.
Any questions about the day, please feel free to contact us.
In school we will be finishing Chapter 2 in Math. We will complete a review on Monday and take the test on Tuesday. The review will come home in the homework folder on Monday and is useful to study with. We will begin Chapter 3 on Wednesday, which begins with identifying patterns in shapes and in odd and even numbers.
Wednesday, we will take our Science Test on chapter one. The review for this test will also come home in their homework folder on Monday. It is a packet with lots of vocabulary and examples of how to measure temperature, wind, and gives examples of the water cycle. We will review the information Monday afternoon before it comes home.
In Superkids we will begin Unit 2 which introduces the blended sound of th and wh. The memory words in this section revolve around question words. For homework, we will continue to have mini books to read. This weeks book is only assigned once, but if your child has extra time please feel free to read it as much as possible. These books reinforce the skills we are learning in class.
We are continuing to read Accelerated Reader books in class and take Accelerated Reader tests weekly. The class is getting more comfortable with the format and we are seeing more 80% -100%.
In Religion we are still discussing how we are made in the image of God. We will also begin reciting the rosary in class, one decade at a time. Praying the rosary is such a special time that we get to spend with your children. We are looking forward to it.
Finally, in writing we are working on another descriptive paragraph. This time we will be introducing similes and metaphors. This is so much fun and silly. We can’t wait to see what they come up with when it comes to describing their families.
Here are some upcoming dates and events around school and in the classroom.
- Monday and Wednesday of this week your child may choose to wear a pink shirt and jeans for Breast Cancer Awareness. Please send in a $1 if your child chooses to participate.
- On Friday, November 17th our class will be making bread for the St. Therese staff to say thank you for all they do. We need volunteers to help us prep, mix, and bake from 8:30- 10:30. If you are interested please let us know!
Enjoy the rest of you weekend!
Superkids- Read "Ben's Shop"
Math- Study for test tomorrow with review handout
Science- Study review packet, test on Wednesday
Superkids- Master worksheet 32
Science- Study for tomorrow's test
Superkids- Pattern Words three times each
bath, math, path, moth, cloth, thin, think, thick, then, them
Math- pattern worksheet
Superkids- Master worksheet 31
Math- Homelink 3.2
*NO SCHOOL TODAY